These terms and conditions apply to Beauty/Photography/Branding services provided by Nicky M & Affiliates of the 1029Group. Upon booking services with Nicky M. and her sub-contractors or affiliates, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
MAKING A BEAUTY SERVICE BOOKING
Booking a makeup/lash/hair appointment can be made from 1 month(6 months for Brides)and 1 day before event if time slots are still available and are held by making a deposit (deposit amounts vary per type of service). Last minute appointments made 24 hours prior to or the day of using the Appointment Calendar does not guarantee artist availability (please contact directly at 917.436.3996 to confirm last minute bookings). Your appointment is considered secure upon email confirmation of payment of a deposit from pay pal(Zettle), Zelle or Cash App and a confirmed spot on the 1029Group Calendar (non-pending). Please ensure that you check that your name appears in the correct time slot on the Calendar after booking as we are not responsible for calendar booking errors.
*Please call 917.436.3996(for faster service) or email us at email@example.com should you experience technical issues while trying to book (we do not accept texts at this time).
In order to secure our services for your date, We ask for a non-refundable deposit to be paid to hold your date. This deposit will be applied to the total cost of service reducing the balance due on the day of your appointment. Beauty Service Apppointment Deposits are non-refundable(we may honor same day time changes based on artist availability). Photography Deposits are also non-refundable. (We may honor deposit transfers to a new photography appt date if it falls within 3 weeks of originally booked date and will be based on artist availability). For wedding deposits- please see Wedding Bookings for further info.
Acceptable forms of payment are:
• (Debit/Credit card payment)
• Zelle (Bank Transfers)
• Cash App
No other payment apps/checks are accepted unless otherwise agreed to by Nicky M. Full payment is due on the day of appt. Please note that our artists/stylists do not walk with cash and will not have change. We ask that you have the exact amount due prior to start of your appointment (tips while not required are highly appreciated if you are satisfied with your artist's work)
Makeup application requires a certain length of time to be finished; the usual timeframe is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes per person. When reserving your date, book accordingly. Any additional makeup needs outside contract time will only be performed at the discretion of the makeup artist. All persons involved in makeup appointments need to be available at the scheduled time of said appointment in order to not break the contract. All makeup for more than one person for same event must be at the same location and consecutive times (no gaps in between).
Lash application requires approximately 1 hour per person (or 1 hr 20 min if lash/removal is requested). When reserving your date, book accordingly. Any additional needs will only be performed at the discretion of the lash artist. All persons booking lash appointments should arrive with no makeup on. Please also report any allergies you may have as we are not liable for allergic reactions to products used after being given consent.
Hair Braiding requires a certain length of time to be finished; the usual timeframe is approximately 4+ hours for most styles. When reserving your date, book accordingly. Any additional hair requests outside contract time will only be performed at the discretion of the hair stylist.
PREPARING FOR YOUR HAIR APPOINTMENT
Natural hair must be at least 3 inches in length all around. We will not service hair or scalp that is extremely damaged, thinning,etc.
Hair must be freshly washed, detangled or blow dried, free of any products including oils, leave in conditioner,etc.
We provide hair in the following colors: 1, 1b, 2, 4, 6. If you would like to request a custom color prior to appt, please message 347.486.9420.
Policy on Guests : Children and Extra Guests are not allowed due to limited space.
WEDDING MAKEUP BOOKINGS
All Wedding makeup Bookings Require a $100 deposit to secure your reservation, and require a minimum of 4 weeks notice to cancel your booking, otherwise your deposit will be charged as a cancellation fee. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please be advised, dates and scheduled makeup times will only be reserved when a signed wedding contract and deposit are received. A wedding makeup trial is highly recommended prior to your wedding date and can be scheduled at the time of making your initial deposit. Final payment must be made prior to your wedding date or prior to the start of makeup application on your wedding day. We will not begin services until contracted amount is paid to Lead Mua unless otherwise agreed to.
NO TOLERANCE LATENESS POLICY
We ask that you respect the Artist’s time as well as other patrons who are booked for your date. Please keep in mind a $20 late fee will apply due to lateness of 10 minutes or more. Lateness over 20 minutes will result in a complete cancellation of your appointment by artist; No Exceptions.
IN HOME SERVICE CLIENT REQUIREMENTS
Location of service for in-home or day-of- event (wedding) will be at the discretion of the client, but there are certain requirements the makeup artist needs to complete the makeup. A “set up” table/work area needs to be made available for the makeup artist at said location. Working electrical outlets must also be made available for use by the makeup artist for additional lighting. Ample lighting, whether by means of natural light or by lamps, is necessary for services to be performed properly. A high chair or bar stool is requested but not necessary. Please let Nicky M. ,her sub-contractors or affiliates know if a chair cannot be provided. For sanitary reasons, we also ask that all pets/animals & children be removed from the areas that services will be performed.
Travel Fee is applicable when traveling to locations more than 30 minutes outside of zip code 11203, a quote can be provided upon your request. The amount charged is currently $20 additional for locations 5-10 miles outside of zip code 11203(tolls, meters, valet additional). All costs for travel to a booked event are to be paid by client. Costs may include, but not limited to: airfare, hotel, transportation and parking.
ARTIST CANCELLATION POLICY
Nicky Martin, her sub-contractors or affiliates, reserves the right to terminate this contract for any non-compliance of terms, contract will become void and all monies given are non-refundable. This booking arrangement cannot be changed after the artist/s arrives for the appointment. Appointments cancelled or changed within 7 days of wedding day will not be eligible for a refund on deposits. If Nicky Martin, her sub-contractors or affiliates can no longer perform services for any reason, she will provide a recommendation for a replacement makeup/lash/hair artist. It is at the client’s discretion whether they go ahead with the replacement artist. Client agrees that the refund of 100% of the deposit is the only liability to Nicky Martin and any and all her sub-contractors or affiliates.
All brushes, tools and makeup products are kept sanitary and are sanitized between every session. Any skin condition should be reported by the client to the makeup/lash/Hair artist prior to application and, if need be, a sample test of makeup/product may be performed on the skin to test reaction. Client(s) agree to release the 1029 Group, Nicky Martin, her sub-contractors or affiliates from liability for any skin complications due to allergic reactions. Due to potential scheduling conflicts, if prior bookings change of time and or locations and it causes tardiness or inability to perform services for your booking we adhere to the FCFS (the first to have come is the first to be served) policy whereby the requests of clients are attended to in the order that they reserve their services, without other biases or preferences. Nicky Martin and her team's obligation to give services here under is subject to the unavailability of the Artist as a result of sickness, accidents, acts of God and other reasons beyond the Artist’s control.
If you are taken ill by an infectious disease, you must let us know and rearrange your session until you are fully recovered and no longer contagious. This is to protect the health of all our clients and staff.
Please inform me on booking if you or anyone attending your session suffers from any health conditions including allergies, photosensitive epilepsy, medical issues, physical difficulties and disabilities etc.
- Photographic Materials and Copyright: All photographic materials, such as original negatives, photos, or slides, shall be the exclusive property of the Photographer. The Photographer shall own the copyright in all images created and may use the work for samples, contests, exhibition, advertising and self-promotion. Usage outside the bounds of this agreement will require the Client’s consent.
- Social Media: This clause applies to all social media, including Facebook and blogs. When published online it is required that citation of photographer be made. The client agrees that they will under no circumstances alter any photographs that are placed in public on the internet. The client agrees to be responsible for any family member or friend who posts our photographs online and agrees that they cannot be cropped (with the exception of the forced cropping for Facebook’s Timeline), altered in color, or edited in any way.
- Failure to Perform: If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness, then the Photographer shall return any funds previously paid to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
- High-Resolution: Images deliverable in High-Resolution (or known as High-Res) are 300DPI with 3000 Pixels in the longest edge.k
- Archives: The 1029 Group keeps client files for up to 2 years after the photography session, and is not liable for any claims after this period. All client files will be deleted and backups will be purged after this period.
- Liability: It is client’s responsibility to take care of the children; The 1029 Group will not accept any responsibility due to any accident to children or damage to public or private properties during the photo shooting or consultation session.